Job Title: Part-Time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Technology Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Position Type: Part-Time
About Us: Our client recently completed an exit and is in the process of aquiring a number of technology businesses, they are seeking a talented and experienced Part-Time CFO to join their team to provide financial expertise during their M&A activities.
Job Summary: As a Part-Time CFO specialising in Technology M&A, you will play a crucial role in helping our client make informed financial decisions, optimise their financial performance, and successfully execute mergers and acquisitions. You will work remotely, collaborating with a team to provide financial guidance and strategic insights.
The role is anticpated to start at one day per week, but with the potential to increase as deals are completed.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct comprehensive financial analysis of target companies and clients, including financial statements, cash flow projections, valuation models, and due diligence reports.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with our client to develop financial strategies that align with their M&A objectives, growth plans, and risk tolerance.
- Due Diligence: Lead and oversee financial due diligence processes, identifying potential risks and opportunities during M&A transactions.
- Financial Modeling: Develop and maintain sophisticated financial models to assess the impact of various M&A scenarios and provide insights for decision-making.
- Valuation: Perform company valuations using industry-standard methodologies, such as DCF, comparables analysis, and precedent transactions.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate financial and operational risks associated with M&A activities.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist client in creating and managing budgets, financial forecasts, and cash flow projections.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present financial reports, analyses, and recommendations to client.
- Advisory Services: Offer strategic financial advice to client, providing insights on deal structures, financing options, and negotiation tactics.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and accounting standards related to M&A transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field (MBA or CPA preferred).
- Proven experience as a CFO, Finance Director, or senior finance executive, with a focus on Technology M&A.
- Strong understanding of technology industry trends, financial best practices, and valuation methods.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and financial software/tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, while collaborating effectively with virtual teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Prior experience in a consulting or advisory role related to M&A is a plus.
Great day rate.
Fully remote opportunity