Outsourced Finance Director / FD
Outsourcing your Finance Team is increasingly common in larger corporates but having a outsourced Finance Director or FD is not typical. It is a great way to get experienced talent into your company and FD Capital are a leading provider of Portfolio FD’s which are Outsourced Finance Directors who work for more than one company at the same time.
Outsourcing is an agreement in which one company hires another company to be responsible for a planned or existing activity that is or could be done internally, and sometimes involves transferring employees and assets from one firm to another.
The term outsourcing, which came from the phrase outside resourcing, originated no later than 1981. The concept, which The Economist says has “made its presence felt since the time of the Second World War”, often involves the contracting of a business process (e.g., payroll processing, claims processing), operational, and/or non-core functions, such as manufacturing, facility management, call center/call centre support).
Outsourcing your FD
We offer three solutions for businesses and organisations: –
- Part-Time FDs and CFOs. These professionals give you the skills and experience of having a finance director on your team on a part-time basis, allowing them to focus on specific concerns for your business or support your existing team. Our part-time FDs and CFOs are available on a fractional time basis.
- Interim FDs and CFOs are available for short term assignments, such as covering maternity leave or focusing on a specific issue within your business.
- Full-Time FDs and CFOs. Our team will help you find the right senior financial professional for your business – one that ticks all the boxes and can bring a fresh perspective to your company.
From an administrative point of view there are different options available for an Outsourced FD and CFO solution, the FD can be on our payroll and we invoice you, they can operate via their own personal service company or we can use an umbrella payroll service. Which ever option works best for your company we can accomodate, the benefit of an Outsourced Finance Director is that outsourcing means that your organisation only pays for a fraction of the FD’s time and therefore the costs are that much lower than having a full time FD.
Outsourced FD based in the UK
All our FD’s are currently UK based, the advantage we offer is that homebased team members are available for a lower cost around the Country than in some areas such as London and the South East. For example we have very experienced Finance Directors based in Shropshire and Devon, which are available at a day rate of £375 to £450 whilst an equivalent skilled senior Finance Professional in London will expected £550-£750. As long as you are able to offer remote working or at least hybrid working, then clearly there are significant savings to be achieved.
Our team members do have experience of working internationally, and are open to working remotely for international clients, where the time difference to the UK is manageable.
At FD Capital Recruitment, we pride ourselves on having a friendly and professional team. Our team is made up of professional recruiters and Financial Directors, meaning you can speak first-hand with a professional who can understand your business concerns over the phone. A number of our team are entrepreneurs on the side, helping us relate to the needs of everyday clients and customers who put everything into their business.
We offer specialists that have strong skills in certain sectors. Our team have a huge amount of experience and we also have dedicated niche specialists who can help with opportunities that require a particular skill set or discipline. Skills include:-
- E-Commerce specialists who are Digital marketing professionals as well as Finance Directors.
- Business recovery or turnaround specialists who can help during corporate distress.
- Fund raising professionals – Finance Directors with expertise and a successful track records with raising funds from PE Houses and Venture Capitalists.
- Bi-lingual FD‘s with strong language skills, often native speakers
Are you looking for a specialist finance director? You can find out more about them here.