Finance Director Salary
What does an FD earn? What is a typical FD salary? These are popular questions, becoming qualified is a barrier to entry into the Accountancy profession so the forces of supply and demand ensure that FD’s and CFO’s are amongst the best paid professionals.
Location specific Finance Director Salary Guide
Salaries vary by region and by the size of business. Here is our guide which is based on a survey we undertook in 2019.
Location SME Medium Large
London £90K-£120K £95K – £150K £210K – £300K
Midlands £75K – £90K £90K – £120K £150K – £250K
There are a number of factors in determining the salary range, location and the size of the business concerned are the most important followed by experience and skill sets, having a particular expertise such E-Commerce of Turnaround expertise makes a big difference.
To get an understanding of the areas FD Capital covers please review the following pages to see the disciplines currently on offer:-
- Part Time FD’s – This is our main focus covering the London and West Midlands areas.
- Portfolio FD’s – Part Time FD’s who work for multiple businesses.
- Private Equity FD’s – Finance Directors with experience of working with Private Equity Houses and Venture Capitalists.
- Interim FD’s – Finance Directors needed for short periods.
- Turnaround FD’s – Finance Directors with particular experience of distressed situations and turnarounds.
- E-Commerce FD – Finance Directors with expertise with E-Commerce website and Search marketing.
- Non-Executive FD – Non Executives or NED’s with finance expertise for boards.
Someone with the right mix of E-Commerce and Private Equity fund raising experience can expect to command a premium salary.
Here at FD Capital we are a niche Part-time specialist recruitment service, and have a wide range of candidates mainly around the West Midlands and London areas though not exclusively. Reach out to us today and let’s discuss your Portfolio or Part-time Finance Director requirements. Dealing with a specialist Part- time and Portfolio FD recruitment business is our specialism.
We also offer full-time FD and CFO recruitment, whatever your senior financial recruitment needs, reach out to FD Capital today.
I am recruiting an FD what salary should I offer?
If you need help and guidance to attract the right calibre of candidate whilst keeping competitive with the market and your location, speak with our experience team of recruiters, we can help you gauge the right package to attract the skill set you need for your business. Sometimes your circumstances means it is important to get a candidate with a proven track record, for example with turnaround or fund raising whilst other times a safe pair of hands is the best solution. Whatever your circumstances FD Capital will find you the best candidates possible.