Job Title: Interim Finance Director
Location: North West
Type: Interim / Temporary
About Us: Our client is a leading logistics company based in the North West specialising in Transport and Logistics.They pride themselves on delivering exceptional solutions to their clients while maintaining a commitment to sustainability and innovation. As they continue to grow and expand their operations, they are seeking an experienced Interim Finance Director to join their team and provide strategic financial leadership during a critical period of transition.
This is an office based role.
- Support the MD in establishing finance as a true ‘business partner’ by integrating finance across the business and providing real value through the provision of quality, timely and accurate information, highlighting issues and trends, and ultimately developing the finance function to make it best-in-class and support the business ambitions.
- Participate fully as a member of the Board and Executive Management team pro‐actively and positively by challenging, supporting and participating in all key business strategic decisions affecting the Company, taking responsibility for ensuring the business maximises the full potential from opportunities in its core markets and new commercial ventures.
- Lead and develop all financial controls and accounting matters to ensure the controls and processes are fully communicated, understood and complied with, and ensure all financial activity is professionally and legally compliant.
- Lead the finance function for the business, ensuring the integrity of the accounting policies and standards and the financial governance of the business.
- Understand the business, the marketplaces in which it operates and take an active role in identifying and developing strategic options and plans which will allow the business to maximise its revenue and profit growth.
- Support the MD to define long-term strategy and the annual business plan for the UK and Ireland, prepares budgets and forecasts, develops and implements short and long-term goals and ensures that action plans are in synch with the organisation’s strategy.
- Maintain and build trust relations with the Board, Executive Management Team, key clients, suppliers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Oversees business activities to ensure they are delivering upon the planned financial outcomes and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission, while maintaining the utmost quality standards in the industry.
- Build a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met, while ensuring the company’s mission, vision and values are efficiently communicated at all levels.
- Monitor key business KPIs, Asset Management and budget to ensure that targets are met and presents operational, sales & financial status reports and KPIs on a monthly basis, as well as participates in relevant investment governance.
- Ensure business processes and systems consistency and foster continuous improvement.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- Logistics / Shipping experience at FD/CFO level
- At least 10 year's senior level experience of management of people and resources
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques, as well as a very high level of commercial awareness
- Leadership skills
- Ability to inspire employees at all levels to live up to their potential and aspirations.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influential skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management and corporate finance
- Demonstrable experience leading a high performing Finance function.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Excellent grasp of forecasting and data analysis methods
- Hands on approach.
Great Day Rate