Our client requires a Part-Time CFO/GFD to work alongside and guide its senior team in the execution of their business plans. This is a well known brand in the media / publishing sector, based in London.
In particular, this role ensures:
• All material financial risks are adequately identified and controlled, and the finance function is set up in such a manner that it can support the delivery of the group strategy.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• 2 days per month working with the 2 key CEOs conducting a monthly performance review of the financial & business outputs.
• 3 days per month working directly with the finance team as they deliver an improving service to the operating subsidiaries.
• 1 day per month preparing for, attending & dealing with the outcomes of the monthly board meeting.
• 3 days per month dealing with simplification/cost reduction/new business generation projects.
There are high expectations that the role holder will make a significant difference to the business by:
• Reinforcing an “add value, mitigate risk” mindset
• Challenging the existing ownership & cost structures.
• Working with the CEOs of the operating subsidiaries to optimise their current businesses & extend into new areas.
• Developing the existing finance function to become an exemplar for social enterprises.
• Developing risk management systems that lead to tangible positive outcomes.
• Enabling critical thinking & outcome modelling for the many new business opportunities that arise from being such a well-known brand.
ACA / CIMA Preferred
• The ability to understand & challenge the business strategy
• The ability to drive business benefits through simplification of structures & processes
• The ability to work collaboratively across a number of different & disparate businesses
• an understanding of & ability to implement risk management systems
• The ability to inspire & direct a small finance team
• Active management of key external relationships
• Oversight of group finances e.g. group financial reporting, statutory accounts, group cash
• SME VC, PE, mezzanine finance and turnaround experience
A good day rate.
Please visit our Portfolio CFO page to learn more about the services we offer. FD Capital Recruitment are leading Senior Finance Recruitment boutique specialising in Part-Time and Portfolio CFO and FD roles.