Our client specialises in cutting-edge industrial processes and technologies, driving innovation, and delivering exceptional value to their clients. As they continue to expand and diversify their operations, they are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Finance Director to join the leadership team.
We are looking for a Finance Director who will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of our company. The ideal candidate should have extensive financial management experience, strong analytical skills, and a keen understanding of the industrial sector. The Finance Director will play a crucial role in guiding the company's financial strategy and ensuring its financial health.
You will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects, including but not limited to financial strategy, capital raising, debt management, and general financial management. This position requires an experienced financial leader with a proven track record of working in industrial companies, adept at handling Private Equity (PE) and capital markets.
This is part time role which will start off at 5 days per week, then reduce down to around 3 days weekly.
- Financial Strategy: Develop and execute the company's financial strategy, aligned with the business goals, to support growth and innovation.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Create and manage annual budgets, financial forecasts, and financial modeling to provide the company with a clear financial roadmap.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reports, including P&L statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, to senior management and the board of directors.
- Risk Management: Identify financial risks, assess their impact on the company, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Capital Management: Optimize the company's capital structure, ensuring efficient use of resources and appropriate funding for projects and initiatives.
- Cash Flow Management: Manage cash flow, working capital, and liquidity, ensuring the company's financial stability and ability to meet its obligations.
- Cost Control: Implement cost control measures to improve efficiency and profitability across the organization.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all financial and regulatory requirements, including tax, audit, and legal obligations.
- Team Leadership: Lead and develop the finance team, promoting a high-performance culture and fostering professional growth.
- Strategic Decision Support: Provide financial insights and recommendations to support key strategic decisions and initiatives.
- M&A and Investment: Evaluate potential mergers, acquisitions, and investment opportunities to support the company's growth strategy.
- Capital Raising and Investor Relations:
Identify, negotiate, and secure financing options, including private equity and debt instruments.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and potential investors.
- Communicate financial results and strategies effectively to stakeholders.
- Debt Management:
- Oversee the company's debt portfolio, ensuring optimal terms and compliance.
- Develop strategies for minimizing debt costs while managing risk effectively.
- Monitor covenants and compliance with debt agreements.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. An MBA or relevant professional qualification (e.g., ACCA, CFA) is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive financial management experience, preferably in the industrial sector.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, accounting principles, and financial reporting.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute financial strategies that drive business growth.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- In-depth understanding of financial regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Salary £120,000 - £140,000.
Note this is part time role which will start off at 5 days per week, then reduce down to around 3 days weekl.
FD Capital are the leader in the UK for the Part-Time / Fractional FD market.