Type: Full-Time (Initial), Part-Time (Fractional CFO after 3 months)
Our client is a reputable Academy Trust dedicated to providing high-quality education and support to a network of schools. They are committed to fostering innovation, educational excellence, and sustainable growth within their educational community. To achieve this vision, they are seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a strong track record in implementing financial systems, who will initially work full-time and transition into a part-time fractional CFO role after the first three months. This unique opportunity also includes collaboration with our integration group.
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Systems Implementation Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial sustainability and growth of our Academy Trust. You will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of robust financial systems, ensuring that our financial processes are efficient, transparent, and compliant.
The selected candidate will start as a full-time CFO for the initial three months to lead the critical systems implementation phase. After this period, the role will transition into a part-time fractional CFO position, allowing the candidate to work on other projects or roles if desired. The CFO will also collaborate with the integration group as part of their responsibilities.
1. Financial Systems Implementation:
- Lead the design and implementation of cutting-edge financial systems and tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and control in financial management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of these systems.
2. Financial Strategy:
- Develop and execute a financial strategy that aligns with the Academy Trust's long-term goals and objectives.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
3. Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Oversee the budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring accurate and realistic financial plans.
- Monitor budget performance and make necessary adjustments as needed.
4. Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Implement robust internal controls to mitigate financial risks.
5. Financial Reporting:
- Prepare and present financial reports, statements, and performance metrics to the Board of Trustees and executive leadership.
6. Integration Group Collaboration:
- Work closely with the integration group to support mergers, acquisitions, and the integration of new schools into the Academy Trust.
- Provide financial expertise and analysis for decision-making during the integration process.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (Master's or CPA preferred).
- Proven experience as a CFO, particularly in implementing financial systems and processes.
- Strong financial acumen and strategic thinking abilities.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working within the education sector and/or Academy Trusts is a plus.
Attractive day rate
FD Capital are a leading recruiter for Academy Trusts