The company is just over 3 years old, they have a UK group holding company, with the majority of operations in Australia/NZ with recent growth in Canada and the US. In total they employ around 20 staff.
They are working towards a Series A funding round later this year to fast track the roll out of our core products in international markets, and are particularly keen to speak with an FD who has experience working with data/tech startup companies who has worked closely with these teams through Series A rounds and onto Series B. The short term requirement is to create a robust financial model to underpin our investment deck and undertake a broader audit to ensure we will stand up to a due diligence process.
The incoming FD will be responsible for shaping and overseeing the systems, processes and people necessary to underpin the business finances, reporting, investor relations and delivery to the forecast revenue, expense budgets and timing, and will also be an integral contributor to the Board and senior management team as well as the strategic development of the business. This is a hands-on role to assist in scaling up the business.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Financial Control & Systems
- Identify core processes and appropriate systems and advisers
- Ensure suitable systems, processes, controls, reporting, audit and compliance are in place, taking into account anticipated growth
- Review and update accounting policies and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Ensure management, consolidated and audited accounts are produced in a timely manner
- Evolve and maintain appropriate financial planning and analysis for budgeting, rolling forecasts, KPls, trends and value creation
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Build and maintain a robust multi-year budgeting/financial planning tool
- Lead the annual budgeting exercise, including the update of the multi-year strategic plan
- Develop and produce a monthly board pack incorporating the tracking of the value creation plan and Key Performance Indicators (KPls)
Commercial Performance Management
- Support commercial performance management with input on pricing, recurring revenues, optimising resources and costs, as well as analysis of new market opportunities with customers and suppliers and partners.
Strategic Planning & Development
- Implement a strategic planning and development framework including Return on Investment tools for strategic and R&D opportunities
- Lead Investor reporting