FD Capital are recruiting for a long term client in Central London.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated part-time finance director to join our London-based financial services business. As a vital member of our team, you will play a key role in driving our M&A activities, refinancing initiatives, and business partnering efforts. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of the financial services industry, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, refinancing strategies, and effective business collaboration. If you are a proactive and results-oriented individual with exceptional analytical and communication skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This role is 3 days per week, with the potential to go full time in 9 months time. The role will involve the recruitment of the full-time Finance Director which the business seeks longer term.
It involves hybrid working from a central London base, and is inside IR35 paid via our umbrella partner.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A):
- Conduct thorough financial analysis and due diligence to evaluate potential acquisition targets.
- Develop financial models and projections to assess the financial impact of M&A transactions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate and coordinate the M&A process, including negotiations, deal structuring, and contract review.
- Provide strategic recommendations to senior management based on comprehensive M&A analysis.
- Assess current debt and financing structures to identify opportunities for refinancing or restructuring.
- Analyze market trends and conditions to develop refinancing strategies that optimize the company's capital structure and minimize costs.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate favorable terms and conditions for refinancing transactions.
- Monitor and manage refinancing activities, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and financial covenants.
- Business Partnering:
- Engage with various business units and stakeholders to understand their financial needs and goals.
- Provide financial analysis, insights, and recommendations to support decision-making and drive business performance.
- Act as a strategic partner to business leaders, offering financial expertise and guidance in areas such as budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation.
- Assist in the development of business cases and financial justifications for new initiatives, projects, and investments.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare and present comprehensive reports, financial models, and presentations to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to M&A transactions, refinancing activities, and business partnering efforts.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, industry regulations, and reporting standards.
- Accountancy Qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Proven experience as a Finance Director or similar leadership role within the financial services industry.
- Proven experience in mergers and acquisitions, refinancing, and business partnering within the financial services industry.
- Strong financial analysis skills, with the ability to analyze complex financial data and interpret trends.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, forecasting, and valuation techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements relevant to the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and financial databases.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Join this dynamic and innovative financial services business and contribute it its growth and success. As the Part-Time Finance Director, you will have the opportunity to work on impactful M&A transactions, refinancing initiatives, and strategic business partnerships, driving value and shaping the future of our organisation. Apply today and be part of our exceptional team!
Attractive day rate
3 days per week.
FD Capital are a leading recruiter for the London Financial Services sector.