Our client is seeking a part-time FD - one day per week intially.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Finance / Fundraising Director (FD) to join our small charity dedicated to supporting individuals affected by cerebral palsy. As the FD, you will play a crucial role in developing and implementing fundraising strategies to raise funds and generate financial support for our worthwhile objective. Your efforts will directly contribute to enhancing the lives of individuals living with cerebral palsy and their families.
- Fundraising Strategy Development: Collaborate with the senior management team to develop comprehensive fundraising strategies aligned with the charity's mission, vision, and goals.
- Donor Cultivation: Identify and cultivate relationships with potential individual, corporate, and institutional donors to secure financial contributions.
- Grant Writing and Proposals: Prepare persuasive grant proposals and funding applications to secure grants from foundations, trusts, and other funding sources.
- Major Gifts: Develop and execute strategies to engage major donors, including individuals, philanthropists, and corporate partners, to secure significant financial support.
- Fundraising Campaigns: Plan, coordinate, and manage fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives to maximize donor participation and contribution.
- Donor Stewardship: Build and maintain strong relationships with existing donors, ensuring timely and personalized communication, acknowledgments, and updates on the impact of their contributions.
- Networking and Partnerships: Establish partnerships with relevant organizations, community groups, and businesses to expand the charity's reach and potential donor base.
- Fundraising Team Management: Oversee and support a small team of fundraising professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Budgeting and Reporting: Develop and manage fundraising budgets, track financial goals, and provide regular progress reports to the senior management team and the Board of Directors.
- Research and Trends: Stay updated on the latest fundraising trends, techniques, and best practices, incorporating innovative strategies into the charity's fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications) is preferred.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Ideally experience of charity accounting
- Proven track record of successful fundraising in a nonprofit or charitable organization, with a focus on individual giving, corporate partnerships, and grant writing.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various fundraising techniques, including major gifts, campaigns, events, and online fundraising platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with donors, stakeholders, and team members.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including experience in grant writing and developing compelling fundraising proposals.
- Experience in managing fundraising campaigns and events, from planning to execution.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a team effectively.
- Proficiency in using fundraising software, CRM systems, and other relevant tools to track and analyze donor data.
- Passion for the charity's mission and a genuine empathy for individuals affected by cerebral palsy.
Join our dedicated team and make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals with cerebral palsy. If you are a results-oriented and strategic thinker with a proven ability to raise funds and build partnerships, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and help us raise the necessary funds to advance our cause!
Ideally the charity would like to find an individual open to working on a pay per results basis, but they are open to a day rate also.
FD Capital are a leading recruiter of FDs and CFO for the not for profit sector.