FD Capital are recrutiing for a Gloucestershire based client.
We are a small but impactful charity dedicated to alleviating poverty and making a positive difference in the lives of those in need. As we continue to grow and expand our reach, we are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Part-Time Financial Director (FD) to join our team. The FD will play a crucial role in ensuring the effective management of our financial resources, enabling us to maximize our impact and achieve our mission of providing poverty relief to vulnerable individuals and communities.
This is a part-time role currently one day per month.
- Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement the charity's financial strategy, aligned with its mission and long-term goals.
- Provide strategic financial insights and recommendations to support decision-making processes.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead the annual budgeting process and work closely with program managers to develop departmental budgets.
- Prepare financial forecasts to assess financial performance and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Financial Reporting:
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Present financial reports to the Board of Directors, explaining key financial metrics and variances.
- Financial Compliance and Governance:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations, reporting requirements, and legal obligations.
- Implement and maintain effective financial control systems and internal procedures.
- Grants and Funding Management:
- Oversee the management of grants and funding, including tracking spending against budgeted amounts and providing financial reports to funders.
- Collaborate with the fundraising team to support grant applications and reporting.
- Cash Flow Management:
- Monitor cash flow and liquidity, ensuring sufficient funds are available for day-to-day operations and upcoming projects.
- Optimize cash management practices to maximize interest earnings and minimize borrowing costs.
- Risk Management:
- Identify financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Stay informed about industry trends and changes in financial regulations that may impact the charity's financial operations.
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and mentor the finance team, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Encourage professional development opportunities for team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA) is preferred.
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in a financial management role, preferably in the nonprofit sector or poverty relief organizations.
- Strong understanding of financial planning, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and reporting requirements for charities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial software and MS Office applications.
- High level of integrity and commitment to the charity's mission.
An opportunity to use your skills to help communities.
FD Capital are a leading recruiter of FDs for the not for profit sector.