Our client is a property company based in Oxford with around £500m of assets. They are looking for an Interim Finance Director for an immediate start. The client is flexible, so 4 or 5 days per week are both workable.
They are working on an expansion plan and are in discussions with banks to raise significant additional finance.
- Managing a team of 2 - Finance Manager and Finance Assistant
- Inside of IR35
- Senior Management Team
- Finance Manager,
- Operations & Asset Management Team.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of working in a similar role within a fast-paced business ideally within the Real Estate / Property Sector
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills necessary to build stakeholder relationships with desire to learn, train and develop in the role.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Accurate, organised, methodical, deadline focused and committed.
- Ability to manipulate and sort large volume of data in excel.
- Good communicator, with the ability to review and interpret and present complex financial data.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-tasking are essential, using initiative to prioritise.
- Ensure delivery of accurate management accounts, VAT returns and outsourced services are provided on a timely basis and comply with venture and statutory deadlines.
- Business partner with Operations and Asset Management teams to give analysis of the financial performance of the assets and highlight opportunities for improvement/change.
- Engagement with banking partners supporting fundraising.
- Review of Bank reconciliations, cash book monitoring and banking duties.
- Review of Balance Sheet packs including - accruals, prepayment and journal postings.
- Review reports and supporting schedules including accruals and prepayments.
- Month end reporting packs
- Review of Operational budget variance analysis, partnering with the Operations teams on the preparation, delivery and timeliness of variance commentary.
- Provision of investor information (cash distribution, capital calls) and reporting on 3rd party mandates.
- Completes various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans.
- To constantly develop improvements in quality of information and working practices, within the organisation
Good Day Rate
Potential for the role to go Permanent
FD Capital are a leading recruiter of FDs and CFOs for the Oxford area.