Our client a leading international retailer and household name, are seeking a new finance director, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right candidate.
This is a full time role based on site in central London.
- Be the co-pilot and advisor to MD regarding all financial and business topics
- Contribute to the effective leadership of the organisation by working with colleagues throughout the organisation to identify and deliver ways of improving the cost structure
- Leading, developing and overall responsibility for the areas of Finance, Property, Legal and Compliance
- Create and adopt financial and commercial strategies ensuring the most profitable distribution channels are followed
- Ensure that correct accounting procedures are applied to all financial transactions within the department
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Management reporting pack
- Manage and oversee the monthly, quarterly and yearly closings (IFRS) for the subsidiaries (around 10 legal entities)
- Preparation of annual budget, regular forecasts and long range plans for the business
- General business support to different departments for the plan - analysis and supporting all departments to achieve their budget figures
- Produce statutory accounts, annual reports and tax return statements, be the SAO for UK HMRC
- Analyse costs and periodically produce and implement cost reduction measures and controls
- Contracts, and negotiating new deals for existing, new retail stores and wholesale partners, be the point of contact for Landlords
- Manage risk to the business including the review of all customer accounts and taking necessary actions
- Ensure stock buying/levels are managed at an efficient level and in line with sales potential to avoid excess/obsolete inventory
- Ensure importing procedures to UK are accurate and efficient so stock is not unduly delayed at port and duties/customs are paid accurately and on time
- Monitor and Approve all outgoing payments to employees and suppliers
- Own the overall Capex budget and prepare new Capex Investment appraisals and Board Approval documents
- Oversee the implementation of new ERP/Finance systems and any other efficiency systems
- Key contact for banks, insurance companies, auditors
- Ensure compliance with local Laws and Regulation including GDPR and Anti-trust
- Key contact for informing the HO/Board of any financial points or queries
- Qualified Accountant
- Demonstrable success gained in a leading financial position
- Previous relevant work experience with at least 5 years in a senior managerial position, preferably within a large organisation
- Strong skills in IFRS and the local accounting standards
- CommerciaI awareness and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills with exposure to Excel and SAP
- An understanding of the Brand and the ability to be an ambassador.
- Ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management
- The capacity to establish credibility and authority quickly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self motivator and leader
- Hands on mentality
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities
- Effective leadership skills and experience in working with colleagues throughout the business
Excellent base salary with significant bonus and long term incentive scheme.
FD Capital are a leading Finance Director recruitment service, based in Great Portland Street we service London and the home counties.