Our client is a VC backed B2B SaaS business and there are now looking to recruit a CFO to work closely with the CEO and COO as they embark on the next stage of the companies growth.
The incoming CFO will be responsible for shaping and overseeing the systems, processes and people necessary to underpin the business finances, reporting, investor relations and delivery to the forecast revenue, expense budgets and timing, and will also be an integral contributor to the Board and senior management team as well as the strategic development of the business. This is a hands-on role to assist in scaling up the business.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Financial Control & Systems
- Identify core processes and appropriate systems and advisers
- Ensure suitable systems, processes, controls, reporting, audit and compliance are in place, taking into account anticipated growth
- Review and update accounting policies and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Ensure management, consolidated and audited accounts are produced in a timely manner
- Evolve and maintain appropriate financial planning and analysis for budgeting, rolling forecasts, KPls, trends and value creation
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Build and maintain a robust multi-year budgeting/financial planning tool
- Lead the annual budgeting exercise, including the update of the multi-year strategic plan
- Develop and produce a monthly board pack incorporating the tracking of the value creation plan and Key Performance Indicators (KPls)
Commercial Performance Management
- Support commercial performance management with input on pricing, recurring revenues, optimising resources and costs, as well as analysis of new market opportunities with customers and suppliers and partners.
Strategic Planning & Development
- Implement a strategic planning and development framework including Return on Investment tools for strategic and R&D opportunities
- Lead Investor reporting
Experience & Skills
- Strong track record as FD or CFO
- Preferably in B2B SaaS
- Likely to have worked with Founders in a similar growth journey and or PE houses
- Experience of technology business and revenue models
- Know how to bring best practice to Finance
- A sleeves rolled up approach with attention to detail to ensure robust processes, analysis and debate
- Determined and focussed on bringing improvement and sustainable results/outcomes.
- Gravitas to interact with the Board and investors as well as sensitivity to fit into the entrepreneurial culture
FD Capital Recruitment are an active FD and CFO boutique based on London. Visit our website to learn more and our Oxford Part Time FD page.