Finance Director and CFO Jobs
See our job board for FD Capital Recruitment’s current list of senior finance vacancies, often we have opportunities in the pipeline also so it is always worth contacting us to discuss your needs or situation in more detail.
We specialise in the recruitment of Finance Directors (FDs) and Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) on a Part-Time, Interim and Full time basis. We have a team of niche specialists available including E-Commerce, Turnaround and non-executive Finance Directors, opportunities are constantly arising so please visit this page regularly. We work very closely with PE Houses and VC Funds, and have excellent candidates with all of these backgrounds in our database.
Our roles can be regional or national, though most are either in the London and the South East or West Midlands areas. If you are looking to recruit a Portfolio FD or Portfolio CFO for your business, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please reach out to us on our main number 020 3287 9501.
If you wish to partner with us please use the contact us page to reach out, we are always looking for Accountancy and Corporate Finance partners to expand our network.
Finance Director Recruitment / CFO Recruitment
FD Capital Recruitment are a specialist FD and CFO recruitment and network company, we have an active team of Fianace Directors available, some for an immediate start, plus a large candidate database of people we have met and dealt with before. Our main offices are in Great Portland Street London, with a satellite office in Shropshire that covers the Midlands. Trading since 2018 we have grown steadily and now have a national coverage.
FD Capital Recruitment was founded with the objective of becoming a leading provider of Finance Directors and CFOs, Part-time, Interim and full-time. Part-Time Finance Directors and CFOs are a great niche as it allows us to bring the skills and experience that finance directors have gained in larger corporates and plc’s and make them available to SME’s on fractional time basis. We have grown and grown and had our busiest year so far in 2020 with some of our team working six days per week.
WHY RECRUIT AN FD OR CFO?
The position of CFO or FD is one of the most versatile in any company. Their role is to help you meet your financial goals and scale up your business, whether it’s through fundraising or company expansion.You might decide it’s time to recruit a CFO or FD if you want help with fundraising through government programs or private investors. If you have a merger or acquisition on the horizon, a CFO can ensure the transition is streamlined and runs smoothly. One reason companies choose to recruit an FD is that they are planning to enter a new niche or want to expand their market share in an existing one.
We are always looking for new opportunities for our team, so if you need a Finance Director or Chief Financial Officer for your business either on a Part-Time, Interim or Full-Time basis, make sure to reach out to FD Capital Recruitment today.
Job Board for FD’s and CFO’s
As new opportunities come through we list those where we need more candidates on this job board, we already have a strong database of able candidates with experience across a great many sectors, so the majority of opportunities are not advertised. For this reason it is always worthwhile reaching out to us so we have your details on file. We now have an international team if the expat lifestyle tempts you.
We currently get a good mix of Part-Time, Full-Time and Interim roles. If you are looking to recruit for your business make sure to reach our to our senior finance team today.
Call our main number on 020 3287 9501
What do our clients look for from their FD and CFO Candidates?
Our goal at FD Capital is to match employers with CFO or FD candidates who are the perfect fit for the company and its long-term goals. Whatever the candidate, there are a few abilities and skills that client want to be looking for.
- Interpersonal skills: Your FD will deal with everyone f rom investors to clients and employees.
- They need to have the diplomatic skills to present the company in the best light.Data analytical skill:
- The key role of an FD is to analyse the data around your business to facilitate forecasting and performance analysis.Innovative creativity:
- Your FD needs to be able to come up with innovative solutions to resolve problems within your company and create growth opportunities
- Relationship with CEO: A CFO or FD often steps into the shoes of the CEO, working directly alongside time.
- You want to make sure you have a good rapport and connection with the candidate.
- Professional network: Your CFO or FD should have a network of professionals across the industry that they can call upon to help with everything from forecasting to fundraising.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL SALARY OF AN FD OR CFO?
The typical salary for a CFO or FD in London is near £125,000 with a 20% bonus expectation.
In the West Midlands, the average salary is £90,000 with a 15% bonus expectation.
Across the UK, the average salary of the position of FD or CFO sits at £112,077.
The size of the company and the region it operates in will feed into the decision-making process of choosing the salary. The most lucrative industry for FDs is oil and gas, with an average sector salary of £137,656. Not surprisingly, charities have the lowest average sector salary at £98,149.These numbers are an average, meaning that there are talented FDs who are earning more than this due to their skills and proven track record.
While basic pay and a car allowance make up around 75% of an FD’s annual pay, you don’t want to forget about the other 25% that is made up of an employee benefits package.Most FDs and CFOs have a bonus clause attached to their contract, giving them a % of the profits as an incentive for implementing programs and cash flow initiatives to meet these goals. The average bonus for an FD is 20% of their basic salary, representing 15% of their overall annual package.
Other benefits that you want to offer your FD or CFO include pension benefits and health care. You want your FD to have the incentive to play a crucial role in bringing your business towards its next set of goals. Equity and LTIPs are other employment benefits that you should consider following a period of high company growth, a merger or acquisition, or when the company makes an IPO. A performance share plan (PSP) is when your FD and other participants are awarded shares or rights to shares within the company as a long-term incentive. Along with an annual bonus, a long-term bonus may be chosen to be awarded after the competition of a major financial event, such as hitting a turnover goal.
Want to Learn more about us?
Why not visit some of our specialist pages which will give you a flavour of the sort of niches we focus on:-
- Part-Time FD – Bringing a part-time senior professional onboard is a great way to bring in skills whilst the fractional usage model keeps down costs.
- London Interim FD – We have first rate candidates available for immediate start across London.
- London SaaS FD – Software as a Service is one of our focus niches and our own Directors are from this background so we know it very well.
- Part-Time SaaS FD – Fractional usage keeps costs under control.
- London CFO – We some of the best candidates in London on our books, make sure to reach out to us today to discuss.
- Saas CFO – A focus for our team, given our own backgrounds in Software as a Service.
- Technology CFO – Tech businesses are a real growth area for our team, we have very strong candidates from this niche.
- Interim CFO – Find the perfect CFO on a short term basis.
- CFO Recruitment – Let us find the perfect candidate for your business today.
No matter what your requirements are make sure to reach out to our team and discuss your business requirements.
About FD Capital Recruitment
FD Capital are a niche senior finance recruitment network of Finance Directors and CFO’s working together with professional recruiters, we have been active in the senior financial professional recruitment niche since 2018 and are based in Great Portland Street, London. Our work is split between Part-Time, Interim and Permanent roles, around 50% of our portfolio is currently part-time, though interim and perm roles are growing faster currently. Make sure to check back regularly to this job board and keep in touch with our team for the latest opportunities part-time, full time and interim.
We also offer a range of specialist FD and CFO where the opportunities arise, our current specialisms include:-
- Experience with Private Equity / Venture Capital backed businesses.
- Turnaround / Business recovery situations
- E-Commerce knowledge of SEO / Search Marketing is an increasingly valuable skill
- Bi-Lingual skills
- Non-executive roles.
If you have any if these skills make sure to highlight them on your CV and covering letter.