Our client is a leading player in its industry niche, they are now recruiting for a part-time FD, 3 days per week to be based within the London Borough of Bromley.
This is a great opportunity to join a business that is really going somewhere.
The key purpose of the role is to partner with their CEO and be responsible for managing the Finance team and ensuring there is appropriate reporting, financial control and efficiency as well as insightful business partnering across our clients group.
Key Elements of the role:
- Manage, motivate and develop further the existing finance team.
- Create insightful, accurate and timely monthly reporting packs that clearly explains business performance.
- Prepare cash flow projections to enable appropriate treasury management.
- Strive for continuous improvement by proposing changes to reporting, forecasting and financial processes.
- Develop systems to ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded and controlled and can be reported in a clear and timely way.
- Develop budgets and financial forecasts for the company.
- Lead the financial audit process and the completion of the statutory accounts.
- Continually seek out margin improvement or cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage the reporting to external stakeholders such as the bank, investors and Producer Organisations.
- Ensure appropriate hedging is in place for foreign exchange, commodities and interest rates.
- Act as a key strategic and commercial business partner to influence business decision making.
- Evaluate, track and review capital spend within the group.
- Ensure that the business is appropriately insured.
- Ensure that taxes are correctly calculated, processed and paid.
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and Board members.
What we want to see from you:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience ideally in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)/agriculture
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must be honest, reliable and act with integrity
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Should be willing to challenge and strive for fact based decisions
Personal characteristics Ideal for the role:
- Process and control focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Manager of processes and people
- Problem solving and prioritising skills
- Team player
- Able to deal with multiple relationships at different levels
Great Day Rate
FD Capital Recruitment are a leading senior finance boutique specialising in London Part-Time FD Recruitment.