Location: Cambridge, UK
Our client is a well-established and successful privately-owned Group operating in the retail and services sector. With a strong focus on quality, reliability, and exceptional service, they have built a reputation for excellence in their industry. The Group includes multiple companies within the retail and services sector, with production facilities located in the UK. As part of their commitment to growth and financial excellence, they are seeking a talented and experienced Finance Director to join their team in Cambridge.
As the Finance Director, you will play a key role in shaping the financial strategy and driving the financial performance of the Group. Working closely with the executive team and reporting to the CEO, you will provide strategic financial guidance, ensure robust financial management, and support the achievement of business objectives. Your expertise in financial planning, analysis, and risk management will be vital in maintaining the financial health of the Group while fostering a culture of excellence and commitment to staff.
- Financial Strategy and Planning: Develop and execute the financial strategy in alignment with the overall business objectives of the Group.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and analysis for the executive team, board of directors, and stakeholders.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the annual budgeting process, develop financial forecasts, and provide guidance on financial targets and performance metrics.
- Cash Flow Management: Oversee cash flow planning, working capital management, and treasury functions to ensure financial stability and optimize liquidity.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess financial risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls.
- Financial Operations: Manage financial operations, including accounting, tax, and audit functions, to ensure accuracy, compliance, and adherence to best practices.
- Cost Management: Analyze cost structures, identify areas for efficiency improvement, and drive cost optimization initiatives to enhance profitability.
- Strategic Decision Support: Provide financial insights and analysis to support strategic decision-making, investment evaluations, and business expansion opportunities.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with stakeholders, including shareholders, lenders, auditors, and regulatory authorities, to maintain strong relationships and ensure compliance.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor the finance team, fostering a high-performance culture, promoting professional development, and ensuring effective collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is essential.
- Proven experience as a Finance Director or a similar senior finance leadership role within a privately-owned organization.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, and reporting, with experience in the retail and services sector being advantageous.
- Familiarity with production operations and cost management within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of financial regulations, accounting standards, and tax laws applicable in the UK.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide strategic insights and drive data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent leadership abilities, with experience in managing and developing finance teams.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in financial software applications and ERP systems
£85,000 - £95,000
FD Capital are a leading recruiter of FDs and CFOs in the Cambridgeshire area.