Job Title: Part-Time Finance Director
We are a regionally recognized charity based in Somerset, committed to making a positive impact in our community. As a well-established organization, we provide valuable services and support to those in need. We are currently seeking an experienced Part-Time Finance Director to join our team. This role is crucial and will play a significant part in shaping the future direction of our organization.
As the Part-Time Finance Director, you will provide strategic financial leadership and oversee the financial operations of our charity. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Board of Directors, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the financial strategy and ensuring the organization's financial stability. Your expertise in financial management, reporting, and strategic planning will be instrumental in driving our mission forward.
This role is two days per week.
- Financial Strategy and Planning: Develop and implement the financial strategy in alignment with the organization's mission and goals.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and analysis for the CEO, Board of Directors, and stakeholders.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the annual budgeting process, develop financial forecasts, and provide guidance on financial targets and performance metrics.
- Cash Flow Management: Oversee cash flow planning, working capital management, and treasury functions to ensure financial stability and optimize resources.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess financial risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls.
- Financial Operations: Manage financial operations, including accounting, taxation, and audit functions, to ensure accuracy, compliance, and best practices.
- Strategic Decision Support: Provide financial insights and analysis to support strategic decision-making, fundraising initiatives, and growth opportunities.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with the CEO, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders to maintain strong relationships and ensure transparent communication.
- Governance and Compliance: Ensure compliance with financial regulations, reporting requirements, and governance standards applicable to charitable organizations.
- Team Leadership: Oversee and support the finance team, fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is essential.
- Proven experience as a Finance Director or a similar senior finance leadership role within the charitable sector.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis, with experience in the charity sector being advantageous.
- Solid understanding of financial regulations, accounting standards, and tax laws applicable to charitable organizations in the UK.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide strategic insights and data-driven recommendations.
- Excellent leadership abilities, with experience in managing and developing finance teams.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial software applications and familiarity with charity accounting software.
Joining our organisation as the Part-Time Finance Director offers an exceptional opportunity to make a significant impact on our mission and contribute to the future direction of our charity. If you possess the qualifications, experience, and passion for our cause, we invite you to submit your application. Please note that this is a part-time position, with [number] hours per week, subject to negotiation.
Day rate £400 - £500
FD Capital are a leading recruiter of Finance Directors for the not for profit sector.