We are a vibrant and growing travel and tourism business based in Ashford, Kent. With a strong focus on delivering exceptional experiences to our customers, we offer a wide range of travel services and packages. Our commitment to quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction sets us apart in the industry. As we continue to expand, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Finance Director to join our team and contribute to our financial success.
As the Finance Director, you will play a critical role in leading the financial management and strategy of our travel and tourism business. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the executive team, you will provide financial guidance, oversee financial operations, and drive the achievement of our business objectives. Your expertise in financial planning, analysis, and risk management will be vital in ensuring the financial health and growth of the company.
This role is three days per week. Inside IR 35
- Financial Strategy and Planning: Develop and execute the financial strategy in alignment with the company's business objectives and growth plans.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and analysis for senior management, board of directors, and stakeholders.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring alignment with strategic goals and providing insights for decision-making.
- Cash Flow Management: Oversee cash flow planning, working capital management, and treasury functions to optimize liquidity and financial stability.
- Cost Management: Analyze cost structures, identify areas for efficiency improvement, and implement cost control measures to enhance profitability.
- Financial Operations: Manage financial operations, including accounting, taxation, and audit functions, to ensure accuracy, compliance, and adherence to industry standards.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess financial risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls.
- Financial Performance Analysis: Provide financial insights, performance analysis, and key metrics to support strategic decision-making and drive operational improvements.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with stakeholders, including lenders, auditors, and regulatory authorities, to maintain strong relationships and ensure compliance.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor the finance team, fostering a high-performance culture, promoting professional development, and ensuring effective collaboration.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is essential.
- Proven experience as a Finance Director or a similar senior finance leadership role within the travel and tourism industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, and reporting, with experience in the travel sector being advantageous.
- Familiarity with travel and tourism operations, revenue management, and cost control.
- Solid understanding of financial regulations, accounting standards, and tax laws applicable in the UK.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide strategic insights and drive data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent leadership abilities, with experience in managing and developing finance teams.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in financial software applications and ERP systems.
- Fluency in Italian would be a significant advantage, though not essential.
£550 - £650 per day
FD Capital are a leading recruiter of FDs and CFOs in Kent and the Home Counties.