Financial Controller for London-Based Interior Design Firm
Company Overview: We are a prestigious and innovative interior design firm based in the heart of London, known for our exceptional creativity and cutting-edge design solutions. With a strong commitment to transforming spaces and enhancing aesthetics, we cater to high-end residential, commercial, and hospitality clients. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Financial Controller to join our dynamic team.
Position Overview: As the Financial Controller, you will play a crucial role in managing and overseeing the financial operations of our interior design firm. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will be responsible for maintaining financial records, developing budgets, conducting financial analysis, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations. Your expertise will contribute to our business growth strategies and financial decision-making processes.
- Financial Management: Monitor, manage, and improve the financial health of the company by overseeing budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning activities.
- Accounting and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and monthly reconciliations. Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, reports, and presentations for management and external stakeholders.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with department heads to develop annual budgets and financial forecasts. Track actual performance against budgets, analyze variances, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and risks. Generate insights that support strategic decision-making and operational efficiency.
- Cash Flow Management: Manage cash flow, optimize working capital, and ensure the availability of funds for operational needs. Provide recommendations to improve cash management practices.
- Financial Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations, tax laws, and accounting standards. Coordinate with external auditors and regulatory authorities as required.
- Team Leadership: Manage a small finance team, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance evaluations. Foster a collaborative and productive work environment within the finance department.
- Process Improvement: Continuously assess and enhance financial processes, systems, and controls to drive efficiency and accuracy in financial operations.
- Strategic Partnerships: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, sales, and operations, to align financial strategies with overall business objectives.
- Tracking Project Profitability
- Monthly Project Fee Reports
- Fee Agreements
- Historical Project Database
- Monthly Client invoicing
- Procurement Process
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. Master's degree or professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA) is a plus.
- Proven experience (X+ years) in financial management, preferably within the interior design, architecture, or creative industry.
- Strong understanding of financial principles, accounting practices, and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, including accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Xero) and Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey financial insights to non-financial stakeholders.
- Leadership experience, demonstrating the ability to lead and develop a finance team.
- Knowledge of UK tax regulations and relevant industry-specific financial considerations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, and adapt to changing circumstances.
Great business and career opportunity.
FD Capital are a leading recruiter for senior roles in and around London.