We are supporting a growing services provider based in Birmingham to recruit a Head of Finance. The successful candidate will need to have obtained an accountancy qualification, an engaged finance professional who will look at overall financial controls and responsibilities to advance performance and support the business. The individual will need to have strong inter-personal skills to motivate and build team relationships to promote a positive work ethic.
- Support strategy across the business as a whole, developing and challenging assumptions.
- Financial analysis, planning and guidance on all activities.
- Setting and assessing targets and business drivers.
- Develop and build close working relationship with the board and senior management in order to grow the business.
- Working in unison to evaluate potential acquisitions and strategic development.
- Ownership of the company accounting function including subsidiary companies.
- Develop and maintain robust compliant control systems over corporate finance, this will support current activities and future growth.
- Manage group treasury function including foreign currency
- Preparation of the budgets using insight from management and departmental heads
- Monitoring budget performance and productivity.
- Ensure group meets financial and legal responsibilities such as financial reports, income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, annual accounts and reports.
- Ad-hoc tasks when required.
- Experience of working in a similar role / seniority level
An excellent opportunity for a financial professional to work with a well-established team, delivering support and advise across the business as a whole. Making your own mark onto the finance function by using strategic thinking and continuous improvement to enhance and develop with directors and senior management. Using your ability to communicate with staff at all levels, building relations by motivating and supporting colleagues to create the great work environment.